Horse Feather's

May Your Fingers Be Nimble, Your Threads Seldom Tangle & Your Love Be Apparent in all You Create!

Current Projects
  • 1. Chief Red Cloud
  • 2. The Sampler Book
  • Upcoming Projects
  • 1.
  • 2.
  • My Photo Album
  • My Cross Stitch Photo's
  • Finished in 2008
  • 1. A is for Acorn
  • 2. B is for Butterfly
  • 3. C is for Castle
  • 4.
  • Finished in 2007
  • 1. Countryside White Church
  • 2. MSAL Spring Sampler
  • 3. No Soliciting
  • 4. Achoo!
  • 5. Mousepad "Butterflies"
  • 6. Cross Stitch Crazy
  • 7. Hot Cocoa Sampler
  • 8. Christmas M-sal 1
  • 9. Rejoice Always
  • Cool Blogs
  • A Joyful Stitcher
  • Amazing Stitches
  • Angela's Magical Stitching World
  • Around Barb's Bend
  • Blacksheep's bit of the Web
  • Christine
  • Glenda's Blog
  • Heart To Heart
  • It's Daffycat
  • Jeremiah's Mom
  • LaGattaC Free Cross Stitch Patterns
  • Linda K's Creativity Works
  • Meari's Musings
  • Mylene's Blog
  • Ozarks sew n' sews
  • Sharon's Cross Stitch Obsession
  • Shutterbuglady
  • Stuff With Thing
  • The 'bent Needle
  • Stitch of the Month
    other stuff
    The WeatherPixie
    Free Blog Content

    ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
    Blinkies
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Who links to me?
    Saturday, July 07, 2007
    DMC Mentoring Program
    I have been a DMC Mentor for several years now. When I joined I knew I would never get to use the little kit they sent me to inspire someone and the cute little lapel pin was just well too cute to turn down and would make a nice addition to my lapel pin collection. I found out two weeks ago that my dietitian Sarah wanted to learn Cross Stitch and Quilting. WooHooo I got to actually use the mentoring kit. I was ecstatic to be able to pass my passion on to a someone else. While I taught Sarah I actually stitched one too but I did something more by backstiting all of it just to show Sarah what a difference it could make. Since Thursday was my last appointment with Sarah I did give her the little piece I backstitched for a reference when she actually finishes the piece. Hopefully I taught Sarah some of the basics of cross stitching and do hope she will keep working at it and become a full fledge cross stitcher. Thank you Sarah for all your help and getting me prepared for my upcoming surgery. YAY!!
    .
    .
    Here's the mentor pin that didn't scan too well so I scanned the photo of the emblem. If you have any lapel pins laying around just mail them too me as I collect them all. Thanks in advance.

    Labels:

    posted by Greg @ 5:39 PM  
    2 Comments:
    • At 3:40 AM, Blogger Marita said…

      I love the little piece you did for your dietitian, hope she gets hooked :D

      About the lapel pins I can pick up some Aussie themed ones for you easily enough. Is there any particular style you like better? Landmarks? Animals? Email me at leechbabe @ hotmail . com

      Cheers
      Marita

       
    • At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Good for you Greg to help pass on the craft. It's great to find more people to learn cross stitch so it doesn't die out as many other crafts have over the years.
      Barb in TX

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    unique visitor counter
    About Me

    Name: Greg
    Home: Ohio, United States
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Online Needle Shops
    General Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER