Horse Feather's

May Your Fingers Be Nimble, Your Threads Seldom Tangle & Your Love Be Apparent in all You Create!

Current Projects
  • 1. Chief Red Cloud
  • 2. The Sampler Book
  • Upcoming Projects
  • 1.
  • 2.
  • My Photo Album
  • My Cross Stitch Photo's
  • Finished in 2008
  • 1. A is for Acorn
  • 2. B is for Butterfly
  • 3. C is for Castle
  • 4.
  • Finished in 2007
  • 1. Countryside White Church
  • 2. MSAL Spring Sampler
  • 3. No Soliciting
  • 4. Achoo!
  • 5. Mousepad "Butterflies"
  • 6. Cross Stitch Crazy
  • 7. Hot Cocoa Sampler
  • 8. Christmas M-sal 1
  • 9. Rejoice Always
  • Cool Blogs
  • A Joyful Stitcher
  • Amazing Stitches
  • Angela's Magical Stitching World
  • Around Barb's Bend
  • Blacksheep's bit of the Web
  • Christine
  • Glenda's Blog
  • Heart To Heart
  • It's Daffycat
  • Jeremiah's Mom
  • LaGattaC Free Cross Stitch Patterns
  • Linda K's Creativity Works
  • Meari's Musings
  • Mylene's Blog
  • Ozarks sew n' sews
  • Sharon's Cross Stitch Obsession
  • Shutterbuglady
  • Stuff With Thing
  • The 'bent Needle
  • Stitch of the Month
    other stuff
    The WeatherPixie
    Free Blog Content

    ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more
    Blinkies
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
    Who links to me?
    Friday, April 18, 2008
    Chief Red Cloud 04-18-08

    Week 50 I can not believe that I am so close in being finished with the Chief. Almost a year has gone by since I started working on him. I could have finished in 5 months like I did on the previous two Indians I stitched, all three are the same stitching size. I just took my time and didn't push myself on Chief Red Cloud, it's ok cause I have enjoyed myself. Read the previous post to find out where I have been.
    .
    I went and got weighed today, the first time since September and I have lost 52 pounds. YAY!!! I am calling the surgeon Monday and hopefully I can get an appointment soon with him. He wanted me to loose only 25 pounds to have surgery so I gave him 52 instead. YAY! I am so excited about that, and to think I am almost hernia free, pain free. I can't believe it.
    .
    I have been feeling so good lately that I have actually been walking both of the girls to the back of our lot. We have a fairly large backyard and the girls love to walk. Been taking one at a time cause they pull and want to go in their own directions, so by taking them one at a time I am actually walking it twice for me. It's ok as it gives me more exercise and strengthening my legs.
    .
    Guess who went into Hobby Lobby yesterday and walked all the way back to the cross stitch aisle. I was surprised that I could do that and it felt so good. I didn't have to stop and rest nor sit down back in the fabric area. YAY!!
    .
    I will try to take some photos of all the bloomings that are going on here. My lawn front and back has already been mowed once and is needing it again. Love this time of year.
    .
    Best go as I have a surprise to get kitted up, can't talk about it until it has been recieved which will be soon. Hope you have a great weekend and even a greater week ahead!

    Labels:

    posted by Greg @ 7:44 PM  
    9 Comments:
    • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Linda in MA said…

      Congratulations on the weight loss Greg!

      Linda in MA

       
    • At 11:07 PM, Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said…

      That is so good to hear greg! I am very, very happy for you! Good boy on making the appointment on Monday.

       
    • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Cathy said…

      Looks great. I am enjoying watching your progress. Glad you are feeling better.

       
    • At 6:54 PM, Blogger Marita said…

      CONGRATULATIONS! You did awesome loosing all that weight. And increased fitness is icing on the cake. Well done Greg. Good luck with the surgeon when you see him.

      The Chief is looking wonderful as well.

       
    • At 5:01 AM, Blogger Mylene said…

      Chief is looking great!!

      WOW! Congratulations on the weight loss.

       
    • At 10:47 AM, Blogger Edgar said…

      So glad to see you are back a feeling better!!! Congrats on the weight loss!!! Chief is really looking great!!!

       
    • At 8:47 PM, Blogger glenda said…

      congratulations on all your successes, my friend! I am so happy for you. the chief is awesome!!!

       
    • At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      Way to go, Greg!!! I'm sooooo happy for you on your weight loss. You are doing fantastic!!! The chief is looking gorgeous - as I would expect. All your stitching is wonderful. ;D
      Barb in TX

       
    • At 12:17 PM, Blogger Meari said…

      Congratulations on ALL your weightloss, Greg! That's great!!! It must've felt so empowering to you to be able to walk all the way to the back of HL. :) Chief is looking wonderful.

       
    Post a Comment
    << Home
     
    unique visitor counter
    About Me

    Name: Greg
    Home: Ohio, United States
    About Me:
    See my complete profile
    Previous Post
    Archives
    Online Needle Shops
    General Links
    Template by

    Free Blogger Templates

    BLOGGER